Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Spring Flowers

Hi All,

Staying in doors and looking at challenge websites has really got my creativity flowing.  It took a little time to get back into the flow of card creating but has been a nice way to unwind during this "Stay at Home" order.

I am trying to use up some of my old stash of papers and flowers on this one.

I first looked for some pretty pastel flower paper, I think I picked this up at Michael's or Hobby Lobby about 7-8 years ago when we were in Phoenix still.

I matched it with a pretty baby blue card stock.

I die cut some turquoise scrolls for the front.  Then I die cut the pink part of the front with pink card stock and stamped it with a large (old) Stampin' Up wooden stamp that I have called "Polka Dot" in Pink Close to my Heart Ink.

I die cut the words HAPPY using Hero Arts DC150.

I couldn't find the stamp part that went to the die cut, so I used a mini clear stamp from Kaisercraft "Occasions" and just used the Birthday portion of the Happy Birthday stamp in the set.

When putting it all together I decided I needed some flowers, so I picked out these that were in my stash, turquoise and white.  I added some mini brads in the middle for contrast and some pretty organza pink ribbon to finish it off.

Here is what I created:
Spring Flowers

I am adding this card to the following challenges:

1.  Penny Black Challenge.  Challenge is Spring Flowers. 



2. Pinsperational Challenge.  Challenge is using this photo as inspiration:


3.  Die Cut Diva's Challenge.  Challenge is anything goes, using Die cuts.

Hope you guys like the card I created for Spring.

Stay healthy,  and keep crafting. 
Julie



No comments: