Sunday, January 3, 2010

Digital-Ink Co and Friday Sketchers Challenges

HI all,

I hope you all had a very Happy New Years. I wish all of you a healthy, happy and prosperous 2010.

Now, on to challenges....after the holidays, I was finally able to get into my craft room and create....it felt so good to be in here today....I did have to take a couple of hours and tidy up from the before Christmas rush....

Anyway, I started off with the Digital-Ink Co challenge. The challenge was "New Beginnings". In honor of my uncle who passed away right before Christmas and to his "new beginning"....I made this silvery and purple sympathy card.
I used the sketch challenge on Friday Sketchers for inspiration on the layout. I really liked how the card came out. It is very tranquil and pretty.

Another post will come in a little while for another card challenge I completed.....

Happy crafting,

Julie

2 comments:

stitchy said...

Julie,
What a beautiful card..I'm sorry for your loss, but as you said New Beginnings, I truly believe that...Thank you for entering in DICO challenge..good luck
hugz
stitchy

Sam said...

This is beautiful Julie and my thoughts are with you babes. It's never nice having to do Sympathy cards but you have done a stirling job here. Thanks for joining us at DICo and have a very happy and crafty 2010.
Sam x